L-Glutamine is the most abundant naturally occurring, non-essential amino acid in the human body and one of the few amino acids that directly cross the blood-brain barrier, and because of this, it is known as brain fuel (may promote mental alertness and improve mood and memory).
|Quantity||Savings||Price||Add to Cart|
|1 Bottle of L-Glutamine||$39|
|3 Bottles of L-Glutamine||$18||$99|
|6 Bottles of L-Glutamine||$55||$179|
L-Glutamine plays a role in a variety of biochemical functions including:
- Protein synthesis, as any other amino acid.
- Regulation of acid-base balance in the kidney by producing ammonium.
- Cellular energy, as a source, next to glucose.
- Nitrogen donation for many anabolic processes.
- Carbon donation, as a source, refilling the citric acid cycle.
- Nontoxic transporter of ammonia in the blood circulation.
L-Glutamine is a major fuel source for intestinal immune and brain cells. During certain stressful times, the body may require more L-Glutamine than it can produce. Prolonged high-intensity physical activity (exercise, dancing) has been shown to decrease L-Glutamine levels, which may result in L-Glutamine deficiency.
Each capsule contains 500mg L-Glutamine. Each bottle contains 90 capsules.
Dosage: As a dietary supplement use 1-2 capsules as desired or as otherwise directed by your health professional.